Annual Brush Pick-up – Oct. 21 through Oct. 25 (weekly curbside ends)
Limited Trash Pick-up – Oct. 28 through Nov. 1
Brush Pick-up will be picked up on your regular trash day. Follow these rules when putting out your brush:
• Place cut brush on curb on your regular trash pickup day.
• Do not place entire large trees or bushes on the curb for pickup.
• Brush is to be stacked neatly with no roots, stumps, or soil attached.
• Branches are to be no longer than 6 feet.
• If you have a narrow boulevard, you may place brush neatly on the back side of the sidewalk.
• No more than one pick-up truck load will be collected from a residence.
• Brush will only be collected once. No return trips will be made.
The last week for curbside yard waste collection is Oct. 21 through Oct. 25. The compost facility, located behind Baines Park, is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until Dec. 1. The facility is open to city residents only. Residents can drop off their yard waste, leaves, and brush at no charge. Must bring driver’s license for proof of city residency.
Limited fall trash pick-up will be collected on your regular trash day. The following rules must be followed. Households will be allowed to set out three large items or nine extra trash bags (no larger than 33 gallon) for pickup at no additional charge on their normal trash day during this week. One large item is equal to three bags, so residents may set out one item and six bags, or any equivalent combination.
The pickup will be limited to household items only, such as mattresses, couches, or TVs. This does not include construction or remodeling debris (carpet, lumber, drywall, etc.). Items with freon can only be collected if properly tagged that the freon has been removed. The household items are restricted to items that two sanitation employees can lift.