• Newton Street between Main and League streets;
• North Prospect Street between Main and League streets;
• West League Street between Whittlesey Avenue and Newton Street;
• East Seminary Street between Benedict and Woodlawn avenues;
• East Elm Street between Benedict and Woodlawn avenues.
The parade will begin at 10:30 a.m. July 4 on Main Street. Fireworks will be set off at the Huron County Fairgrounds at dusk on July 4.
No reserving spots on tree lawn
City officials are asking residents to refrain from placing items (blankets, tarps, chairs, etc.) on the tree lawns to reserve spots for viewing the Fourth of July parade. Due to the extreme heat and lack of rainfall, those items left on the tree lawns are damaging the grass.
Please do not place any items on the tree lawns more than 24 hours in advance of the parade.
Any items on the tree lawn will be collected by city workers and may be picked up by their owners at the Ernsthausen Recreation Center, 100 Republic St. during regular business hours.