Brandon L. Arnold, 37, most recently of 116 Union St., Bellevue, was resentenced Monday to spend 120 to 180 days in the Lake Erie Community Corrections Center. That is in place of the four- to six-month term he was originally supposed to complete at a CBCF, a form of prison which focuses on substance abuse treatment and education.
The goal of the Lake Erie Community Corrections Center “is to divert adult male, felony offenders from the crowded jail and prison systems to a highly structured, residential setting that emphasizes establishing the skills needed for successful community re-entry,” according to the Oriana House website.
Arnold’s conviction is aggravated trafficking in drugs. As part of a Dec. 10 plea deal, he agreed to forfeit a cell phone and an undisclosed amount of money. In exchange, prosecutors dismissed a similar, third-degree felony.
In other hearings:
• Donald S. Adams Jr., 33, most recently of 35 Westwind Drive, New London, pleaded guilty Thursday to trafficking in counterfeit controlled substances in exchange for the dismissal of aggravated trafficking in drugs. He has been on electronically-monitored house arrest since March 7. His sentencing date is April 11.
• Ammerson C. Bates, 24, most recently of 23 Grand Ave., pleaded guilty Monday to domestic violence. He has been in jail since his Dec. 31 arrest by the Norwalk Police Department. His sentencing hearing is April 17.
• Della S. Cunningham, 51, most recently of 99 S. Linwood Ave., was resentenced Monday to Ohio Link for 120 to 180 days in place of a CBCF for violating her probation. Her underlying conviction is aggravated possession of drugs.
• Tyler J. Haughn, 27, most recently of 8216 Ohio 113, Bellevue, pleaded guilty to burglary Tuesday. He remains in custody and will be sentenced April 18. The Bellevue Police Department investigated the Aug. 13 burglary.
• Justin A. Hinkle, 22, most recently of 419 W. High St., Willard, pleaded guilty to burglary Tuesday. He remains in custody and will be sentenced April 18.
• Gary L. Lacy, 60, most recently of 33 Spring St., Willard, pleaded guilty to aggravated possession of carfentanil Tuesday. He has signed a personal recognizance bond, meaning he promised to appear for future hearings without paying any money. Lacy’s sentencing hearing is April 17.
• Travis W. Perrine, 32, of Fairmount, Ind., pleaded guilty Tuesday to failure to notify authorities of his change of address. His sentencing hearing is April 17. Perrine earlier posted 10 percent of a $5,000 bond.